Monday, February 9, 2009

feeling a bit like Job

Much prayer is needed in the Strickland and Hazlewood households. Justin's uncle Bebo died last night after being sent home with nothing more that could be done for him. His family is having a really tough time. I've been praying a lot for them, especially for Bebo's grandkids. They were super close from what I know. This has been one of those days where shit hits the fan.

I want to cry so bad and its right there. My Gammy (I hate to have favorites, but she is my favorite grandmother) had heart surgery a week ago. She's on a ventilator now. It sucks cause I can't go see her because she lives in Wilmington NC. My great aunt Georgia on my mom's side, from what it sounds like, is in her last few hours. Times like these, I sometimes want to be like Job's wife, but cursing God and dying aren't the way to deal with it.

Job was an amazing man of God. Praising God under the crappiest circumstances isn't what I automatically feel like doing. But maybe thats my problem. Feelings get us in a lot of trouble sometimes. We act on them. We let them control our attitudes. We let them get in the way of the big picture. I'm sure Job didn't "feel" like praising God, but he didn't let feelings cloud is understanding that God is in control. I don't understand why and how God choses His timing.

But thats ok. There are some things that are ok not to understand. It'd probably blow our finite minds if we could. I think Job understood that and praised God for who He is and how He was going to be blessed. My Mom said something that made my heart smile. "Wouldn't it be cool if Aunt Georgia and Gammy could be with their husbands again on Valentines".....

1 comment:

  1. I think it's definitely hard to be thankful and praise the Lord when things seem to be going nowhere but the wrong way. I think sometimes the best we can do is have peace that He is in control, and simply thank Him for that.

    ReplyDelete