Friday, February 20, 2009

go away winter! boo!

Oh my gosh!!!! Never have I been so tired of winter! Seriously, its staying past its welcome.

Along with being a nursing student comes "hyperdiagnosissyndrome". I have officially diagnosed myself with, among many other things, SAD (seasonal affective disorder). Late fall and winter, for me, brings slight depression, erring on the side of blah, lack of motivation to eat right and workout.

But when the days start getting longer and the sun shines more and there's hope of not having to throw on gloves and a scarf to walk to my car, my days are so much more pleasant and happy. I'm getting back into working out 3 times a week and I feel better already! I've even started going to the tanning bed. Not too much because I don't want to look 60 when I'm 40, but just seeking a healthy glow.

With every diagnosis, there must be an intervention and goal. Intervention: Move to Florida!! Goal: I will be living there with my honey by the time we're 30. Now all I have to do is convince him to move.....

1 comment:

  1. I too am super-tired of winter, but we don't even really get the cold here. I think it is just the blah feeling getting me down...

    ReplyDelete